Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Notecard Tutorial

Hello friends! Today is tutorial day at The Kraft Journal and I'm going to show you how to make a set of notecards to go along with this week's "Christmas Gifts" challenge theme.

As a cardmaker, I love to give out sets of cards for others to use. For these, I started out with the lunch bag kraft notecard/envelope set chose some coordinating journaling cards, hemp cord, chipboard banners, ruler twill ribbon, and chipboard milk bottle caps.
I chose the Fly a Kite collection papers from October afternoon and cut them to fit the notecards.
I wanted the banners to coordinate so I traced them onto coordinating papers, cut, out and adhered to the chipboard pieces.
After the banners were covered, I glued them to the hemp twine.
Once I cut the papers down to size, I adhered them to the notecards and glued the ruler ribbon over the seam.
I stamped the journaling cards with some versatile sentiments.
I tied the chipboard milk caps with the hemp cord, layed out the elements, and fastened everything down.
I plan to give this set to my mother in law and think she'll love them and find good uses for all of them!

Supplies: Notecards/Envelopes/Hemp Cord/Ruler Twill Ribbon/Journaling Cards (The Kraft Outlet), DP - Fly a Kite Collection (October Afternoon), Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Chipboard Banners/Bottle Caps (Jenni Bowlin)

2 comments:

  1. what happy will your mother in law be to get those cards! Lovely cards. Love from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Jen! That made the cutest little set of cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design