Monday, November 28, 2011

Embossed Snowflakes

Hello friends - I hope you had a wonderful weekend! It is Monday and that means it is challenge day at The Kraft Journal! This week we're challenging you to get started making Christmas cards!

I created this Christmas card using a panel of light craft cardstock that I embossed and brushed with white craft ink. One of the tricks I like when using these vintage-inspired stickers is to stick them on to a piece of cardstock and then cut them out with some scissors. I find that gives them a lot more versatility and dimension. For example, I cut this one out and attached it to the front of the card using foam squares. I finished the card with a seam binding bow and some lovely jingle bells attached with baker's twine.
Something I read out in "blog land" once was why make one card when you can make two? I don't always make multiples but with Christmas right around the corner, I went ahead and made a second one using similar ingredients but because the bow was smaller on this card, I finished it with a button instead of the bigger bells.

I can't wait to see what you create for our challenge this week! Link up by Sunday night for a chance to be named Top 3 and/or to win a $15 voucher for The Kraft Outlet!

Supplies: Cardstock - Light Kraft (The Kraft Outlet), Riding Hood Red (SU!), Salvage Stickers (Tim Holtz), Ink - Craft White (SU!), Seam Binding (7 Gypsies), Twine (The Kraft Outlet), Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), vintage button, Bells (my stash)

6 comments:

  1. oh Jen, these are AMAZING - so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty, Jen! Good thing you made two with the same background! They are both so pretty!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are adorable, Jennifer! Love those embossed snowflakes with white ink on the kraft backgrounds. That is just about my most favorite combo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing on these cards is just gorgeous Jen. It makes such a beautiful background for your other embellishments. Hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those embossed snowflakes, Jen! And the Santa image looks so pretty and vintage! Oh and I saw your name a few times in the latest issue of CARDS magazine! Looks like you had a great time creating away for the issue! Loved that tag by the way, and the little boy card was so clever with the little window!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design