Thursday, November 17, 2011

No Peeking

Happy waltz day, friends!! Today is the 17th and that means a wonderful tour of the friends of Waltzingmouse and tons of crafty inspiration! If you're new to our waltzes, head over to our forum to learn how you can participate next month. You'll also find links to all of the participants today!

Today I have two projects inspired by my new Santa's Coming to Town set which just screams vintage Christmas to me! For these gift tags, I cut two sizes of labels, outlined the red one with a glue pen and added chunky glitter and for the smaller one, I stamped the Santa image and sentiment along with some snowflakes from Compliments of the Season stamped in silver ink. I finished the tags with some red puff balls for the tip of Santa's hat.



To carry on with my vintage theme, I used the same label combo (a coordinating card is the perfect way to use a tag you make a mistake on the back of, lol!) to make a label for the front of the card and used a die cut and some paper from my new Jingle Bells Collection from Pretty Little Studio. Have I mentioned I love vintage? Mid-century to be precise, and WMS and PLS really get it! Love!!

Have fun waltzing along - I'm off for coffee and will join you on the dance floor shortly! :)

Supplies: Stamps - Compliments of the Season, Santa's Coming to Town (WMS), DP/Embellishment (PLS), Ink - Basic Black (SU!), Silver (Encore), Cuttlebug, Labels 4 (Spellbinders), Chunky Glitter (Martha Stewart), Cardstock - Confetti, Riding Hood Red (SU!), Corner Chomper

29 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, the tags and card are absolutely adorable!! The tags are so fun and love the red puff balls on Santa's hat. The card is just way cute, great design! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fabulous tags - I do like the little pom-pom on the end of Santa's hat!! And the little elf checking the list is just darling. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh gorgeous! LOVE the pom pom detail on Santa's hat!! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute tags Jen and the card is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee right now...
    so if I sound drunk...
    just haven't had enough yet...
    *giggle*
    These are fabulous!
    I love the little pom-pom on Santa's hat...
    and that sentiment with that little elf element...
    magical!
    I love vintage...
    and totally agree...
    Claire just "gets it".
    But I have to check out these papers now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how you used that sentiment with the sweet little boy checking his list, Jen! The chunky glitter on the edge is perfectly vintage, too. Those Santa tags with the pom pom hats are SO awesome! I always need ideas for "boy" tags and this one fits the bill perfectly. Superb waltz projects :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects Jen! Love the shimmery borders on the beautiful tags and the card is oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab creations Jen loving the pom poms!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, lovely projects Jen - SO Chritmassy and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic creations, Jen! Love those tags - the little red puffs are the perfect touch. Now I'm rethinking my decision to not get this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I am "mid-century" vintage! I should never have read this, wow do I feel old...but I sure do love your projects today. Those tags are gorgeous, especially those cute little pom-pom balls on Santa Hat and all that chunky glitter! I laughed when I read your comment about the mistake on the back of the card, I have a whole lot of that going on. Really nice projects today Jen. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Santa with his red pom pom and framed in shimmery silver Jen! These will make any package quite festive! Love the coordinating card with the cute elf too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen! Love the tags you made with the little red pom poms and the sugary glitter!! The little elf card is just too cute - love the vintage themes too - reminds me of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tags--LOVE the pom poms and glitter! Gosh, now I wish I had ordered that set!! Adorable card too--the elf is so sweet and the perfect image to use with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable! I love the little red pom-pom on santa's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, they are both great but that second one is a heart-stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jen - my heart just melts when I see such adorable creations like these. Awesome job on the tags AND that vintage card. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What really beautiful tags, love the red pom poms and the really vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your no peeking tags - they are simply perfect :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jen your tags are just super charming!! I LOVE the pom-poms on the Santa hat and chunky glitter!! And your vintage card is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO CUTE! Love the tags and your DARLING card!!!
    Have a GREAT day! Happy Waltzing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful sparkly tags, and a super vintage card, love the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tags, and a 'no peeking' message is essential for some of my family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these! I kind of hate to admit this, but these so remind me of my childhood Christmas. Thanks for evoking such sweet memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful set of tags and cards. I love the glitter and the pom pom on Santa's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Jen, What a WONDERFUL Christmas card and fantastic tags! I'm in love with that set and I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So adorable and I have this set and plan to case it. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this is absolutely stunning.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design