Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ombre

Ombre or gradients are hot in the crafting world right now and today I have a tutorial to show you how to make your own ombre background paper that is featured at The Kraft Journal!
I chose a large background stamp and used Brown Kraft cardstock for the card base and Buff Ivory for the stamped panel.
I chose three colors of ink in a nice light to dark color range and stamped the background stamp, leaving it on my desk while I worked. Always start with the lightest color and work toward darker so your ink pads don't absorb darker colored ink where the stamping overlaps.You can see a little bit of the gradient on the background stamp in the photo below. If it takes you a while to ink up the stamp, just "huff" on it to wet the ink a bit before putting your panel down.Press the panel down on the stamp and rub your fingers over it to get a good impression. You know the "get inky" phrase? Well, you sure will with this technique! You can see where my fingers got inky on the edges and then made a mess while I pressed on the paper. No matter - it is the back and nobody will see it! :)
Here is a picture of the finished panel along with other supplies (mini clothespins, hang tags, and paper tape) I used to finish the card.Thanks for visiting today and I hope you have a chance to give this technique a try. Ombre is a fun and easy way to add wonderful color to any crafting project!

4 comments:

  1. That background is stunning, Jen! Love it! Looks really pretty on this card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a great background! Thanks for showing us how Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background, thanks for the head's up on the Kraft Journal challenge, I linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very, very cool, Jen! I know that technique, but have never known the name of it. LOVE it! Your card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design