Monday, February 13, 2012

The Journey

Hello friends! Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the "Cool Tools/Cutting and Trimming" challenge at Moxie Fab World. I used a super postage stamp die and some fussy cutting on the birds to create this card.

I started by embossing a background panel and whitewashing it a bit with some craft ink. I then stamped and cut the label with the sentiment and overlayed the bird stamp. I stamped the birds again in two different colors of ink, cut them out, and adhered them to the card to give a gradient effect to the flock. A bit different for me but I had fun trying something new!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies: Embossing Folder/Stamps (Tim Holtz), Word Strip - Boarding Pass Collection (October Afternoon), Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla (SU!), Kraft (The Kraft Outlet), Ink - Real Red, Poppy Parade, Chocolate Chip, Craft White (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Die (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, foam squares

3 comments:

  1. This is just stunning, I love the white washing affect. It looks so pretty giving it that extra texture which always adds to the card.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly cool! Love the embossed background and the white washing affect has such impact and statement. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oeh, pretty! Love that large postage die! And the embossing background is so pretty!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design