Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make a Wish


Hello friends! Today I have a card to share with you that I made for this week's Rubbernecker Stamps Sisterhood Sunday challenge! Check out this inspiration photo - what fun!! I have to admit I was stumped at first because I don't craft much in green and don't have many St. Patrick's Day stamps but I got creative in how I looked at my stamps and found a few that worked!


I thought for a minute and remembered I had some glittery green cardstock in my Christmas stash and thought I'd try to make a shamrock out of it like the cool shoes and pin from the photo. I think it turned out really fun! I finished the shamrock with a vintage button and some baker's twine.

I used a green card base and stamped the striped background onto a cream panel using a light tan ink. I just adore Rubbernecker's background stamps - they're a generous size and cover an entire A2 panel with room to spare! I cut and stamped a tag with the "make a wish" sentiment and adhered it to the card with some black brads.

Thanks for stopping by today and I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!

Supplies: Stamps (RN), Cardstock - Garden Green, Very Vanilla (SU!), DP - Green Glitter (Martha Stewart), Ink - Crumb Cake, Garden Green (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Tag Die (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, foam squares, Baker's Twine (Divine Twine), Brads (SU!), vintage button

9 comments:

  1. totally love this, Jen...if you need to send it to someone...this St. Patty's Day baby would LOVE it ;) teehee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that is absolutely brilliant to use the Baker's Twine for the stem of the shamrock. I'll be borrowing that idea.

    What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top o' the mornin' to you, Sistah Jen! I love your beautiful, glittery green shamrock flower. I, too, really like Rubbernecker's background stamps for their size and creating my own dp, just like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is so cute. Love the vintage button, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful St. Patty's Day card, Jen...the sparkly shamrock looks awesome and I love how you used the twine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your shamrock, Jen! That glitter cardstock is perfect as is your sentiment! Great job thinking "out of the box"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome shamrock Jen! Great minds think alike! Love the background and how creative to use twine for the stem! Awesome work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty stripes on the background! And that glittery lucky 'flower' is just gorgeous! Fun idea, Jen!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just a perfect St. Patrick's Day Card!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design