Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something Old, Something New


I made this card for the "Something Old, Something New" challenge over on the Verve Stamps blog. The challenge is pretty straightforward - use an older Verve set along with a set released in August. No problemo!
I adore my new Love Story set but haven't had a chance to use it yet - yes, I just cracked the seal on it tonight! I had some leftover scraps from a baby shower card (the pink ribbon covers the seam - clever, right?!) and thought they'd be pretty for a wedding card as well. I cut the a label, sponged the edges with a bit of tea dye and pink inks, stamped the heart frame from Heart's Desire and finished with a sentiment from Love Story.

Supplies - Stamps - Love Story, Heart's Desire (Verve), DP - Thrift Shop (October Afternoon), Cardstock - Very Vanilla (SU!), Ink - Rose Red (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Die Cuts - Cuttlebug, Labels 10 (Spellbinders), Ribbon (Crafta), Pearlie Hearts (Hero Arts), Button (vintage, eBay), Corner Chomper, foam squares

6 comments:

  1. beautiful, Jen!! Love the paper, the ribbon, the sentiment..everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and Beautiful..I love the heart Stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,

    What a lovely card! That heart is soo pretty in the gorgeous red!! I never heard of Verve stamps before, but I had a look on their site and they are gorgeous stamps! I am wondering about the quality, you also use a lot of Waltzing Mouse stamps and they are of fabulous quality! Is it the same with Verve? Love the sentiments that they have, I'm always searching for the right sentiment for the card!
    Love the paper you used, and smart thinking for attaching two smaller parts of paper with the ribbon! Looks great!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone! :) Wendy, I love Verve Stamps - they are excellent quality (I'd say the same thickness and deep etchings like WMS) and Julee (Tillman, the owner) is so fabulous and generous, I think you'd love them! There are releases every couple of months or so and lots of giveaways and contects over on the blog. I'd totally recommend checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just beautiful! I love how that sentiment fits in the heart and the two heart pearls are just the perfect little accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, what a wonderful wedding card, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design