Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Awesome Inspiration

I've been in a bit of a crafty-mojo draught lately and am not sure what has me blocked. Yes, I am busier than I have been and rarely have an evening without an after work activity anymore and weekends have been packed lately. I am thrilled with my new gym routine and have to be honest in saying right now I wouldn't trade it for more time with my craft. The challenge will be integrating all of it and getting that personal fulfillment from everything.

One source of inspiration for me lately has been this book - The Book of Awesome - which usually has me giggling at least once per chapter. One chapter, "Old, Dangerous Playground Equipment" reminded me instantly of my childhood - metal slides, high bars, and tanbark! Remember tanbark?!?

When I pictured those old playgrounds of my youth, I immediately thought of some Sassafras Lass papers I have had languishing in my stash for a few months. Tonight I plan to use some! How will you be inspired today?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read! We recently got an iPad, so I've downloaded the free chapter that's allowed with the Kindle app. I'm looking forward to taking a look -- thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this book on Paperclipping Roundtable from Stacy Julian. I immediately downloaded it to my Kindle and each time I want a little uplifting jolt, I read a chapter. Every chapter is....AWESOME. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design