Monday, September 20, 2010

Season's Greetings

I made this card for the Cinema Saturday Challenge. The movie this week is Iron Man and the challenge was to use metal in our creations.


I loved Iron Man but never did see the second one - must go put that in my Netflix queue! Because I've been forcing myself to make either Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas cards for as many challenges as I can these days, I took my color combo inspiration from the Iron Man suit and thought it would be perfect for a Christmas card! I can't believe how fast we're moving into fall and how fast the holidays will be here!

I found my giant snowflake punch and popped a snowflake out of this bit of patterned paper. I thought the gold and burgundy color scheme was pretty close to the colors of the Iron Man suit and thought the jingle bells were another good metal element that went well with the gold/burgundy. I finished the card off with an outline of stickles and some heat embossing for some extra shimmer.

Supplies: Stamps - Many Merry Messages (SU!), Punch (Marvy Uchida), Cardstock - Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla (SU!), Gold Embossing Powder (SU!), Ink (Versamark), DP - Handmade (K&Co.), Jingle Bells (Crafta), Crinkle Ribbon (Etsy), Stickles

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    This one is wonderful! Beautiful colors and love the gold details!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Elegant Jen!! Love the Deep Rich colors..Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Jen! I love how you managed to capture Iron Man colors too -very crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card... beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Christmas take on the challenge card.. I love the deep burgundy and gold combo!! SOOO glad you played along with us..

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-fabulous card! I love the stickles around the snowflake--really adds a festive touch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design