Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Foreverness

Happy Saturday and today I'm happy to show you the card I made for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Have you been to the WMS Blog this week? The sneak peeks for the new release (whee - tomorrow!!) have been amazing! I can't wait to see the new sets fully revealed!! So sorry, back to the sketch! One of the things I love so much about these sketches is the amount of freedom we have to play with it! This sketch only "requires" a scallop and a tassel - how easy is that?
Who stayed up late/got up early to watch the royal wedding? I wanted to but ended up falling asleep before it started - 2am is too late for me anymore, lol! I'm pretty sure this card was inspired by all the festivities this week!

I stamped the long border stamp from Victorian Fripperie on a cream base in gold ink and then did the rest of my stamping on a vellum panel that I used as an overlay. I stamped the panel with the journaling image from the same set and stamped a small flourish into the scallops, adding pearls to the centers.
I finished the card with a tag and sentiment from the Fancy Phrases set and cut the tag from the Spellbinders foil. I love how elegant it turned out!
The last piece I made was a string of pearls, an iridescent bead, and an "I do" charm and tied it through a hole into the center of the card.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with using this fun sketch! Link up by next Thursday using at least one WM stamp and you will have a chance to be Top Mouse and/or win a stamp set of your choice just for playing along!

Supplies: Stamps - Victorian Fripperie, Fancy Phrases (WMS), Card Stock/Vellum (PTI), Ink (Encore), Pearls (Martha Stewart), Scallop Border Die (MFT), Cuttlebug, Twine (PTI), Pearls/Bead (my stash), Charm (Oriental Trading Co.), Tag Die/Foil (Spellbinders)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    This card is amazing! Wow! Sooooo stylish! I love the soft colors, the awesome stamps you used, the pearls, the charm, which is perfect for this card, but most of all, I love the golden frame that you made! That is truly amazing!!! Can you tell I'm head over heels for this card? ;-) well, I am!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, Wendy

    P.S. Oeh, yes, I'm so excited about the new WMS release as well, the doilies are amazing and think Claire has designed some wonderful sentiment sets again as well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the gold paper and vellum Jen! love the I Do charm and all the pearls!

    I was up just in time to see the Royal wedding ceremony on Friday (5:30 am!) so that was fun - and then I caught up with the after parties at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most stunning wedding cards I've ever seen! Absolutely love it! The pearls with the gold--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exquisitely soft and elegant Jen!! I love the gold and vellum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING Jen. This is such a beautiful, elegant and regal Wedding card. Love your design with the vellum and scallop edges. Truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jen! So elegant! Love the shimmery gold and pearls! Great sample of this week's WMS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Jen! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful and elegant, love the vellum and gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen this is totally stunning!!!! It's sooooo elegant!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design