Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love Birds

I made this card for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink! The challenge this week is to distress and I had a lot of fun making this card! I embossed a cream panel with this great vintage postcard folder and distressed the edges with a tool and ink to give it an antique feel. I stamped the birds and sentiment onto a square and embossed the cage over the top with silver embossing powder.

I finished the card with some photo corners and some shabby ribbon to finish the aged look. I really wanted to give this muted colors and the feel that it had been siting in the attic for 50 years and faded with time.

Supplies: Stamps - Love Birds (PTI), Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Card Stock - Bravo Burgundy (SU!), Vintage Cream (PTI), Ink - Mellow Moss (SU!), Versamark, Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Foam Squares, Embossing Powder (American Crafts), Photo Corners (Michael's), Ribbon (MemrieMere/Etsy), Button (my stash)

2 comments:

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design