Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Your Big Day


If it is Saturday, then it must be Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge day!! How are you liking the banner challenges the past couple of weeks? I've loved them and can't wait to see what you do with this one!I just got my Back in the Saddle set and knew I wanted to use it (you wouldn't believe how jam packed it is with amazing images and sentiments!! Love it!!) this week. I immediately thought of banners and bunting and went straight to my Americana paper collection. I mad the little bunting by simply punching a circle and then cutting it in half!

I strung the banner onto some thick rope twine and frayed the ends to give it an old time feeling. I stamped the card with a number of images and a sentiment from the set. Oh I can tell this one is going to get a lot of ink!

I finished the inside of the card in the way I saw someone do it (must have been one of the DT members but I can't remember who!!) during the previews. I simply stamped once in Chocolate Chip ink, then stamped off twice for the other two horses. I love the shadow effect - looks like an old western movie strip!

Have fun and I'm looking forward to all of your pennant'y creations!!

Supplies: Stamps - Back in the Saddle (WMS) - DP/Embellishments - Americana Collection (K&Co), Cardstock - Crumb Cake (SU!), Vintage Cream (PTI), Ink - Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Twine (SU!), Circle Punch (SU!)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    This is wonderful! This set is perfect for the US western look! I saw those shadowed horses somewhere as well and loved the idea! Looks gorgeous on your card and love all the horsy details on the front! I just got my won sets yesterday, so I'm hoping to ink them up soon as well!!

    Hugs, & a lovely weekend to you both!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crafty clever. Love this Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant - great colours with a real western feel. I do like the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a GREAT way to use this layout! Your stamping on the background is perfection. Love the mix of patterns and images. What a cool masculine banner card...so unique and fun, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fab bunting in a real western style, love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design