Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love Story - PDCC 165

Hello friends!  Today I have a card and the big reveal of this week's Play Date Cafe color story!  Woo hoo!  Aren't these colors delish?!  
For my card, I started off with an old paper I located while cleaning out the craft studio this weekend and thought the rose and mustardy background would be perfect.  I found the Tim Holtz tickets, too, and then I had a theme going!  I've been pretty lovey dovey this week as the 17th (today!) is the 9 year anniversary of when I met my husband and the 20th is our 6th wedding anniversary!  My wedding ring even has 17 small diamonds around it so it is a pretty special number for us!  :)  Anyway, I stamped the gorgeous label and sentiment (both from Waltzingmouse Stamps) and cut it out using my Spellbinders.  I finished the card with a bit of seam binding and a couple of stick pins.
This card was also designed with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party in mind!  Every 17th of the month, all WMS fans get together to share inspiration and ogle some wonderful creations!  Head over to the WMS blog to check it out!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Supplies:  Stamps - Very Vintage Labels 5, Sweethearts (WMS), DP (GCD Studios), Cardstock - Perfect Plum (SU!), Ink - Perfect Plum, Basic Black (SU!), Tickets (Tim Holtz), Seam Binding (Hug Snug), Dies (Spellbinders), Stick Pins (Joann), foam squares, pinking shears

16 comments:

  1. Jen - still say I love your style lady - I can always expect something unique and unusal to knock my socks off here! The purple and yellow? Brilliant! This is romantic and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame holds that sentiment perfectly, love those heart stick pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great love card Jen! That sentiment looks lovely framed by the lovely label stamp - Wonderful soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so lovely - these soft colours are really pretty. I really like the paper you found in you stash and the elegant labels is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Jen! Love the paper and the sentiment and the pretty purple bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card , I love the stamps set you used need to look that one up. Sounds like this day means a lot to you and the #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, congrats on your special day and anniversary to come! Love the little tickets on this, Jen :) You have a knack for making awesome guy cards!! Love the sentiment in that frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!
    Colors...
    layout...
    that sentiment!!
    And Happy Anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card, Jen. Love the tickets and your gorgeous color choice. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Jen! so pretty - I LOVE the colour combo and those pretty yellow pins are so cute. Beautiful Waltzingmouse Stamps you chose for this too - such an amazing sentiment. Congrats on your Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen this is very pretty, beautifully stamped and fabby colours! Gorgeous! Hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the pop of yellow from the fancy stick pins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, Jen!! Love the sentiment and the 2 tickets add such charm. Happy Anniversary - Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful, I love these gorgeous colours, and the papers you chose are just perfect, and I love that decorative frame.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design