Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Because

Hello friends! I can't believe how this week is flying by! I had a wonderful holiday yesterday and my birthday is tomorrow! Oh, and stay tuned because I think I should celebrate my birthday by giving one of you lucky readers a present! ;)

I made this card for the Moxie Fab World Beautiful Borders challenge using my fab new Rubbernecker stamps! I've been dying to use this huge background stamp (4.25 x 5.5") since I got it and I had a brilliant idea to stamp the background three times in varying shades of blue, cut them into border strips, and reassemble on the front of the card. I finished with some shabby ribbon, a stamped tag, and a vintage button.
If you haven't seen yet, there is a little contest over on the Rubbernecker blog to come up with a clever nickname for the new design team! Head over and give us your best suggestions - the winner will take home a $25 gift certificate to the store! How cool is that?!

Supplies - Stamps (RN), Ink - Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy (SU!), Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla (SU!), Ribbon (Memriemare), Button (vintage), Twine (PTI), Cuttlebug, Tag Die (Spellbinders)


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    This is so beautiful! Love the fading blue in the gorgeous background there, so pretty combination in blue! And gorgeous ribbon to finish it off, love it!!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jen! Love the gradiating colors of blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card; I love these shades of blue. Elegant and chic; fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shades of blue! Clean, simple, effective, elegant!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design