Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine Cupcake Toppers

Today I'm going to share a pretty easy way to create something special using supplies you probably already have - adorable cupcake toppers!

I start by picking out a stamp set that will coordinate well with my circle punches. In this case, I chose to make toppers for some Valentine cupcakes so picked a Valentine/love-themed stamp set. I decided to make my colors a couple different shades of rose.

I stamp all of my images first saving the punching and cutting for later.

I punch after I stamp because I think it is easier to center the stamp with the punch than try to center a stamp on an already punched shape. Don't forget to punch a coordinating circle to use as the back of the topper.

Once all my stamping and punching was finished, I added some Stickles for a bit of shimmer.

Center a foam square on the punch that is the backside of the topper and attach a wooden toothpick to the foam. I like to use heavy-duty, round toothpicks for toppers. Attach the front shape to the foam.

Finish the toppers with a bit of ribbon and you're all set to "pretty up" some home-made cupcakes! Though I made these for Valentine's Day, I'm sure you all have stamps you can use for any occasion - think birthdays, anniversaries, and showers! Fun and simple!

Supplies: Stamps - Valentine Tags (PTI), Card Stock - Whisper White (SU!), DP - Organic Collection (MME), Ink - Rose Red, Regal Rose, Craft White (SU!), Ribbon (Michael's), Toothpicks (Walgreens), Stickles, Foam Squares, Punches (EK Success)


1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design