Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

What a fun challenge this week at Papercraft Star - you get to pick the sketch you want to use! I can't wait to see where you picked up your sketches and see your creations!! I made this card based on WMSC44 which is the fabby sketch challenge site for Waltzingmouse Stamps! I love Claire's sketches which provide just enough inspiration to get the creative juices flowing but not so much that you might feel overwhelmed.

I also made this card as part of a small bundle of "Welcome Home" cards I'm sending to Operation Write Home. As you may have seen on their website, there is a unit coming home (yay!) and a special request has gone out for Any Hero cards for that wonderful occasion.

I used a deep purple card base and some fun Whitewash Collection card stock from Core'dinations which I embossed and sanded down so the lavender core shows through. I stamped and colored the home image and added some shabby ribbon to finish it off. Oh, I also used a new toy on this card - my Distrezz-It-All! Wow, that thing is so cool, even if it does frighten me just a bit, lol! I love distressing edges and get so tired of the little hand tool which was messy and took a long time. You know that old saying about killing a fly with a sledgehammer - the Zutter is kinda like that, but I love it!!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to link up your creations by Sunday and then vote for the winner! You chose who is the next Papercraft Star!

Supplies: Stamps (Crafty Secrets), Copic Markers, DP - Nanna's Nursery (DCWV), Card Stock - Perfect Plum (SU!), Whitewash Collection (Core'dinations), Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Ink - Craft White (SU!), Foam Squares, Ribbon (memriemare), Distrezz it All

7 comments:

  1. OWH is a great organization. They will be thrilled to get your beautiful card. Love the stamped lettering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sentiment is so cool! Fabulous card Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jen, love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Jen. I am a huge OWH supporter as well - good for you! My favorite part of your card is your background. I look at your card and I realize that I do not use enough purple...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE purple and white - this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jen and how incredibly sweet of you!! I am loving the distressed look of the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is one of my favorite colors! I love seeing it pop up in cards. And I love your new distress toy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design