Monday, February 7, 2011

Vintage Hawaiian

Are you having fun traveling with me and Stampin' D'amour? Over the past few weeks, I've showed you vintage France and this week I'm showing you vintage Hawaii! I used the colors for this week's Throwdown and a replica luggage sticker to make this fun tag.


I started off with a manilla tag and embossed it with my woodgrain embossing plate. I was thinking old Polynesian canoe but the grain didn't show up very well. I aged the tag with some distress ink, fussy cut the flight attendant from the luggage sticker, added the stamped poster image, and finished off the tag with some gorgeous Hawaiian-themed ribbon I've had forever.

Supplies: Stamp - Vintage Hawaiian Airlines (SDA), Tag/Ribbons/Twine (Etsy) Card Stock - Select White (PTI), Ink - Bashful Blue (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Sticker (Paper Source)

5 comments:

  1. Your tag is beautiful!!! I love everything Hawaiian especially vintage and this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, vintage Hawaiian tag! Love that ribbon with the bold Hibiscus and Pineapples :] Beautiful work!

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer - this looks fantastic! Great job! :)

    -pamela

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design