Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bravo!

Happy Saturday and welcome to another fabby Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! We're looking to the stars this week and I can't wait to see your creations using this sketch -
I wanted to make a special occasion card so I broke out some gold ink and stamped the background with the Musical Backgrounds set. I love these background stamps because they go the entire length of a card (approx 5.5") so you don't have to keep stamping where your stamp left off. Brilliant! I embossed the star from Seasons of Love - Tags and punched out a separate center with a 1.5" circle punch. You can see how it pops off the card in this photo -

I finished the card with some special trim - a piece of beautiful beaded trim I found at the fabric store - so pricey but so worth it for a special card - and a vintage gold button with a rhinestone in the center (still had my jar out from when I made this card.)

There's lots of time to play along - remember Waltzingmouse stamps are not required to play but we do love to see them!

Supplies: Stamps - Musical Backgrounds, Seasons of Love - Tags (WMS), Card Stock - Select White (PTI), Ink - Encore Gold, Versamark (PTI), Basic Black (SU!), Black Embossing Powder (American Crafts), Button (Vintage, eBay), Trim (Joann), 1.5 Circle Punch (SU!)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the musical notes, a great card, the trim is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jen! love the music theme and that gorgeous beaded trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - love the colours and the theme. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just delightful! i love the gold, black and cream color combo. so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jen! Music to my ears :) Fabulous fancy trim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the color combo and beaded trim! very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy trim, Jen!! such elegant colors. love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning work, Jen! I love the beaded trim ... very classy! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design