Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It'll Be Okay

Hello friends and welcome to another fun challenge at Papercraft Star! This week we've got something new for you - extended hours to participate!! Yes, you saw it correctly - you will now have all weekend to craft and link up your submission to the site! I work full-time like a lot of you and know that weekend crafting time is both fun and important and we hope this change will get a lot more of you out playing with us! Without further ado, here is this week's sketch - I used another fun set from My Favorite Things this week along with my Copic markers to create this cute card. I found these great papers from the Modern Homemaker collection and paper pieced the umbrella with a cute floral. I then matched the rain boots and slicker to the colors of the umbrella. I think it turned out quite cute!

One fabulous fact about acrylic stamps is how flexible the are - and I mean literally flexible! Who says you have to use sentiments in a straight line like they come in the package? Just bend them at the angle you want them and stick them to your acrylic block like I did here for inside this circle. Fun and different!

Looking forward to seeing what you create!!

Supplies: Stamps - My Umbrella (MFT), DP - Modern Homemaker Collection (October Afternoon), Copic Markers, Ink - Basic Black (SU!), Twine (May Arts), Charm (Frost Creek), Cuttlebug, Dies (Spellbinders), Glossy Accents

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Jen, this card is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card you created!I just love the curved letters you created inside the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so CUTE!!! I love the papers you chose, great job Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen this card is absolutely adorable, I love it! The image is darling and your take on the sketch is great! So cute!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my fave of all of your cards. Love the paper piecing and the curved sentiment. Will have to try that soon. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute Jen! I love that umbrella. Great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen!

    It turned out really cute! Love it that the umbrella matches her outfit and also the background paper is so lovely! Yep, I also love putting the clear sentiment in a shape, it looks so nice! Like in this circle on your card - perfect!! Great card!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, you card is adorble. I love the coloring, paper-piecing and the way you curved the sentiment. The papers rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tip, Jennifer ! I KNEW this little gal had just this umbrella in her front closet, and the plaid circle sets it all off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, I love the paper piecing and the fun patterned papers. Cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design