Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pom Poms

Today is the day I finally finished all of the thank you cards for my birthday! Not too shabby and I even did them all within 3 weeks of my party! This one is for my friend, Dana, and I think she will love it!

This card was inspired by the sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week. I thought the puff balls of the ribbon would be a unique take on the floral border of the sketch. So I didn't completely alter the sketch, I added a tag stamped with "Merci" and a few gorgeous rhinestone buttons. Supplies: Stamps - Victorian Fripperie (WMS), Cardstock - Whisper White (SU!), DP - Dear Lizzie (American Crafts), Ink - Pretty in Pink, Basic Black (SU!), Ribbon - American Crafts, Die Cuts - Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, Misc - Stickles, Buttons (vintage, eBay), Foam Squares

8 comments:

  1. Lovin' the Dear Lizzie DP and those sparkly buttons. Cute take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card from the sketch Jen! love the pom pom ribbon - this card is so fun! Hope you had a Happy B'day! So good to see you in the WMS sketch gallery again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Jen! Happy Be-lated Birthday! Love that row of pom-poms & gorgeous buttons on your card! Thanks for playing along with this week's WMSC - hope you come join the fun again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Jen!! I hope your birthday was wonderful!! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, your new blog is fabulous! I just wanted to pop over, check out your projects, and thank you for the sweet comment you left on the Paper Crafts blog. Motherhood is fabulous and knowing I have the support of designers like you makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun take on the sketch, love the stripped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding...such fun embellishments for this awesome card. Great job with this sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog... I cant wait until mine is done :).. Great take on the sketch ..I love that pom pom ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design