Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Hero

The theme of this month's project parade over at Verve is "My Hero" and I couldn't wait to get my new American Hero stamp set inky for this one!! I adore this set and had to have it the minute I saw it! I would definitely say I'm patriotic - I think the USA is a pretty special place and am blessed to call it home.

My card is inspired by my grandfather, Walt Gulden, who moved his young family from St. Paul, Minnesota to the wiley west coast here in San Francisco to serve at the Presidio during WWII. If it weren't for that move, I wouldn't call this wonderful city home! My husband and I even honored my heritage by tying the knot in the Presidio 3 1/2 years ago!

Thank you to all who do so much for the rest of us!!

Supplies: Stamps - American Hero (Verve), Cardstock - Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (SU!), DP - Jellybean Soup, Ink - Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red (SU!), Ribbon - Etsy, Glitter - Martha Stewart, Die Cuts - Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Squares, Corner Chomper, Foam Squares

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous card! And a great tribute to your grandfather. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design