Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good Luck

Back after a long hiatus but with good reason! I turned 40 on Wednesday!! 40?!? What?!? As I've told a number of folks over the past few days, the number doesn't bother me as much as it trips me out a bit. 40 just sounds so much more "mature" than I feel, lol. Anyway, back to the show...

This is probably one of my favorite cards I've made lately - look at how nicely the background lined up (and I am certainly not yet a background stamper!) I stamped the background image in Versamark and then used gold embossing powder; did the same with the "good luck" sentiment.

I used some gorgeous washi tape to cover the seam of the white panel, then fussy cut some stamped flowers to give some dimension above the branch. Love the way it turned out!!

Supplies - Stamps - Asian Gardens (WMS), Ginko Tape, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock (SU!), Gold Embossing Powder (SU!), Ink - Versamark Watermark, Garden Green, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink (SU!), Foam Squares

5 comments:

  1. Such a very pretty card. The background is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous Jen, beautiful clean lines, perfect for an Asian inspired style. And my goodness you look fabulous, I would have guessed you were in your 20's, I'm running off the the bathroom now to examine my wrinkles! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're 40?! count me in to those that don't believe it. but i'm glad you're one of those people that say they are 25 every year ;) you go girl!

    that card is one scrumptious heap of heaven. the gold & black is really a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! this card turned out great. You do a top-rate, professional job, worthy of copying!! :) Hey, I'm not too far from you: Up in Healdsburg; if you come up this way (alot of people come for wine tour weekends-funny that I'm right in the middle of the wine industry but don't drink at all!!) e-mail me if you'd like to get some ideas of where to go, or to have lunch and spend some time sharing card time!
    llebrett@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    I absolutely love this one as well, it's pretty! It's soft, but tough as well, love it! I had a lot of fun reading your profile story, I think a lot of us crafters will recognize it, not crafting for years and now this fabulous new card-making-hobby! So do I! I love it, the way you can make something in one evening and the way you can put a smile on people's face when you give a handmade something to them! I love it! And there are so many techniques that I love that I can use with it, so it never gets bored! This card is very, very nice!!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design