Monday, June 11, 2012

Best Sister

Hello friends!  Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the May Arts design team call!  I've had so much fun creating three projects and you'll be able to see all of them on the blog later tonight!  May Arts ribbon is so gorgeous, it is my go-to ribbon for pretty much all of my projects lately! 

Okay, on with the show!  I started off with a tag and some papers/embellishments from American Crafts and stamped the sentiment onto one of the coordinating tags.  I line the word stamps up over the tag and then apply the acrylic block to make sure they are all lined up right.  One other tip, if you haven't already tried it, is to stamp over a piece of foam or an old mouse pad for a crisper impression (I learned this tidbit from Claire at Waltzingmouse and it has saved me!)  :)

 Next, I chose background paper and one of the May Arts ribbons I wanted to showcase.

For the brad embellishment, I punched a small hole into the ribbon and the paper so it would be easier to attach.

Next I chose more May Arts ribbon and some twine to tie the tag with and continued to play with the layout of the card.  As you can see in the photo of the final project at the top of the post, I finished the card with a couple of coordinating embellishments along the velvet ribbon strip.
Thanks for visiting today!

Supplies:  Ribbon/Twine (May Arts), DP/Embellishments - Neapolitan collection (American Crafts), Stamps - Compact Family (Waltzingmouse), Ink - Basic Black (SU!), Cardstock - Select White (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design