Saturday, December 3, 2011

Big Day


Happy Saturday, friends, and we have a fun sketch for you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Check out this beauty -
I decided to take a little break from Christmas crafting to make a tag for my sister's birthday present! Having a mid-December birthday has always been tough for her with "combo" Christmas and birthday gifts so I always try to make it special.

I cut the tag base from a sheet of balsa wood for some texture and added strength then used some Perfect Pearls along with the Flourishes set for some shimmer. I cut a circle of brown felt and then added a stamped tag and a wonderful spray of gems for the grand finale. I think it will glam up any package!!

I sure hope you can play along with us this week and I can't wait to see your take on this wonderful sketch!

Supplies: Stamps - Flourishes, Back in the Saddle (WMS), Shipping Tag (Etsy), Prima Gems, Ink - Cameo Coral (SU!), Gold (Encore), Perfect Pearls, Balsa Sheet (SU!), Cuttlebug, Dies (Spellbinders), Felt (PTI), Twine (Crafta)

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Jen! I love the gems you added, that makes it a true party! I know what your sister means, my bday is on the 26th (which is actually official 2nd xmas day here. we celebrate two!). Good thing you made this especially for her! Love it! Well, I also don't really have a spot for the sewing machine, but it's now tucked away somewhere, hi hi, 'cause with the chance of borrowing it, I had to give it a try! And I like it a lot, though I do need some more practicing! Wishing you a fabulous weekend!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes, the Happy December Birthday...I know it well :)! This spectacular tag is so colorful and cheery that your sister might think her birthday suddely fell in June this year! LOVE the little sparkly baubles and the flowery shape. The Big Day tag is perfect smack dab in the middle. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute that little card! nice new photo of you! love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is a beautiful tag for your sister!! I LOVE the gems on the tag, it really add some glam and such a gorgeous element. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design