Monday, October 31, 2011

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hi friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Today is challenge day over at The Kraft Journal and we're challenging you to make a card using banners or border punches!

I stamped a buff ivory panel with some text and then punched the bottom edge with a border punch and hten attached it to a light kraft base. I tore a page from a small journal, stamped it with the flower image and sentiment and then added photo corners for a vintage feel. I finished the card with some film strip ribbon and some similar hemp cord.

While I made this card for a friend who recently lost her grandfather, I was also inspired by a 24 year old motorcyclist who succumbed to injuries suffered during a race last weekend. My husband and I are big Moto GP fans and have traveled around the country and Europe watching some really amazing riders. One of our recent favorites and a brilliant up-and-comer was Marco Simoncelli. He was a joy to watch and always seemed to be having the time of his life both on and off track. We were lucky enough to see him and talk to him when we were in Indianapolis for the race in August and that's where my hubby took this photo. Ciao Sic, I will miss you terribly.
Supplies: Stamps - Text It (WMS), Cherish (Hero Arts), Cardstock (TKO), Filmstrip Ribbon (Tim Holtz), white gel pen, Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Hemp Twine (TKO), Journal Page (TKO), Border Punch (SU!), Photo Corners (Michael's)

4 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Jen! I just love how you use the film strip on your projects. Unfortunately the racing world seems to be losing quite a few of it's people here lately. So sad. Love your card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, oh, it's so sad that Marco didn't make it, such a young man and must be a bit weird that you saw him in full life not so long ago... it's also a dangerous sports, but I surely can see why he was attracted to it! Your card is very pretty, nice colors for a card like this!! Great job!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! This is a beautiful sympathy card!! All the elements worked together so wonderfully on this card, and I love the stamped images.
    Wow, you are a huge fan of MotoGP! I saw the news footage of Simoncelli's accident,and it happened right here in Malaysia. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so lovely, Jen. Very sweet to give this to your friend. I also had no idea you enjoyed Moto GP. You must have had a great time the day your hubby took this photo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design