Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yee Haw


Hello friends!  Today begins a new sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and I sure hope you can play along with us this week!  If you're new to Waltzingmouse, I encourage you to head over to the shop to give a look 'round.  There are a lot of freebies to try out and I know you will love what you see!  This week we have this wonderful sketch from Teresa -
I love ephemera and have had this old cowboy playing card sitting on my desk for just the right project and it matched the colors of my June Studio Calico kit and my Back in the Saddle stamps just perfectly so I thought I'd give it a go!  I layered the playing card over a piece of patterned paper which I striped with two strips of patterned washi tape and added the "yee haw" sentiment on the side.  I finished the card with some rope ribbon and a stamped die cut.
Thanks for visiting today!

Supplies:  Stamps (WMS), Cardstock - Select White (PTI), DP/Washi Tape/Die Cut - So Cal kit (Studio Calico), vintage playing card, Rope (SU!), Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Yee-haw, this is pretty! Love the 'rope' you wrapped around the card, very cowboy-like! One of my fave TV series is the Australian McLeods Daughters. You know it? It's about a range run by girls! Love it!! This card would fit! :-D
    Hugs & happy day to you!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do like the vintage rodeo image and "rope" on your card! This is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cowboy emphera and rope is perfect! Ha...this set just arrived at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is a real treasure and you picked the perfect card to showcase it! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design