Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thinking About You

Hello friends and welcome to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #100!  What a wonderful milestone and I'm happy to say I've played along with nearly every single one (I think I've only missed a couple in the last 2 years!)  It wouldn't be a celebration without some prizes and I think you'll be happy to know that a free stamp set will be given out for every 50 participants and we'll be choosing a guest designer to join us Mischief Makers June 15 - July 7!  What?!  Yes!!
For my card, I went with a pin board theme (I love old school pin boards and look forward to having my studio so I can hang mine up again!) and chose Very Vintage Labels 5 and probably my most used set, Fancy Phrases.  I stamped the label in red ink and the sentiment in navy and layered them over some cork patterned paper and a map paper that I splotched with some Mister Huey.  I finished the card with an airmail sticker, a map rosette, a couple of chipboard stickers and a balsa wood camera.

I hope you're as excited as I am about this week's challenge and I can't wait to see what you all create!  Oh, and you can play along even if you don't have any WMS by using one of a number of free digis in the shop!

Supplies:  Stamps (WMS), DP/Sticker/Rosette - Story Teller collection (Crate Paper), Notebook Die (PTI), Cuttlebug, Mister Huey (Studio Calico), Cardstock - Light Kraft (The Kraft Outlet), Select White (PTI), Balsa Wood Camera (Studio Calico), Ink - Real Red, Not Quite Navy (SU!), Labels 5 Die (Spellbinders)

10 comments:

  1. It is a fun card! Love the colors and map rosette and the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like everything about this card Jen! Nice mix of textures with the cork paper and the rosette. The colors really pop too1

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many fun elements on here! LOVE that map rosette! I'm loving the new look over on the WMS blog and the fun new additions to the challenge :) I'm having so much fun with my new load of stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, So many fabby details here - love the map rosette, and the airmail stripes! So creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen! Love this card!! Fab design - I love the pin board idea with all the gorgeous elements. Love that cute camera. What a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell I'm late...
    as always! ;)
    This is fabulous!!
    I love the colors...
    the postage strip on the side...
    and that gorgeous map rosette...
    I LOVE that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this card, right down to the little camera . Love your choice of papers and colors as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome pinboard card! My favorite part is that lovely rosette made from a map!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful details, Jen! Love the rosette with the button, the cute little camera, the pin board,... Great work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design