Thursday, March 24, 2011

Within Your Heart

Hi friends! This is my second post for today and I want to share a card I made for the VLV Challenge - week 4! I've managed to keep up all month for February and March and I'm so happy! It is such a fun challenge!!

I've been making a lot of cards for others lately and actually made this card for me! I can't say 2010 was the best year of my life but in spite of anything and everything we're faced with, we always have a choice whether we keep on hoping and casting our cares to the Lord or we give up. Well, I've decided I'm not giving up! Verve stamps always share such fabulous messages and this one is just perfect.

For my card, I added all of the goodies I like - pink, glitter, puffy clouds (maybe they should have had glitter on them too...), flowers, rhinestones, and a fat, flowery ribbon. Perfectly girly in just my style. I love it and I'm pinning it up to help me keep my chin up when I'm feeling down. Here's to hoping you have that one special place where you keep all of your dreams, too!

Supplies: Stamps - Blue Skies (Verve), DP - Blue Skies Collection (American Crafts and not an accident, lol!), Ink - Versamark, Embossing Powder - Silver Zing (AC), Twine (Country Clean), Ribbon (AC), Button (my stash), Corner Chomper, Cloud Dies (PTI), Card Stock - Select White (PTI), Sweet Scallop Tag Die (Verve), Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. aw, Jen...this is just lovely...I love when I can make a card and put on all the things I just love :) What a great "glass half full" kind of gal you are...good times are always on the horizon...spoken from experience :) I love this quote from Oprah's magazine in 2005 just as I started dating my husband...


    This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they're a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweet your house empty of its furniture, still, treat each guest honourably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight. ~ Rumi as printed in Oprah's magazine, April 2005 (just after I met my dh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Maureen! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design