Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Greetings

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone and welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps St. Patty's Day waltz! If you just happened by, head over to the 'mouse house to get started! I promise you many treats for the eyes!
I was very fortunate to come into a number of vintage replica postcards and found these two St. Patrick's Day cards in the stack. I used my Irish Blessings set to stamp the green backgrounds with shamrocks (first card) and the Celtic braid for the second one.

For the second card, I stamped a die cut label with shamrocks and a sentiment from the Irish Blessings set and adhered it on top of the postcard. I finished both cards with some shabby ribbon.

Thanks for joining me on the dance floor and I'm off to get some waltzing in myself! :)

Supplies: Stamps - Irish Blessings (WMS), Vintage Postcards (my stash), Card Stock - Old Olive (SU!), Vintage Cream (PTI), Ribbon (MemrieMere/Etsy), Lace (Crafta), Ink - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Cuttlebug, Lables 10 (Spellbinders), Vintage Button (my stash), Foam Squares, Distressing Tool (Making Memories)

28 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards - love the second with the quote especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful vintage post cards Jen! love your added lace and background stampings! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Wow, what fabulous images. I especially like how you shabbied up the first one with the lace and the edge distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those antique cards are gorgeous...love how you used them for the waltz. The lace and distressing is my fave on the first card, and the sentiment layer on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your gorgeous combo of stamping and vintage images, Jen! The embellies are PERFECT on these, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards, love the vintage images, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... my jaw dropped when I saw your cards...beautiful and love how you kept the integrity of the postcard. Creative juices are beginning to flow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! The postcards are gorgeous and I love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Jen! I love those vintage postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St. Patrick's Day Jen! Beautiful Vintage cards! Love the framed WM sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous vintage postcards - and these cards are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. both cards are great and I really like how you used the vintage cards/pictures with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful!! What a gift to have those old postcards - such gorgeous projects Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes Jen, those postcards were a real find!!! And you've turned them into beautiful cards. Bravo!!! I always love your art. :)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards. I love the colours and details.Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab cards, love the vintage postcards! Happy St.Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous vintage cards! Love what you did with those postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful cards, Jen. The touches of Ireland prints along with the patterned papers make some dramatic cards! Beautiful embellishments as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh! WOW! These cards are absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those antique postcards leave the perfect touch. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are both lovely! love those antique images- and the seam binding is the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh Jen! VIntage LOVE! What wonderful cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Jen, these are gorgeous!!! Those vintage postcards are just amazing and love the way you integrated them in your cards, looks really, really special!!! Hope you are enjoying the week & wishing you an amazing Friday!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a clever way to showcase those fab postcards! You added all the right touches!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these cards, the vintage feel is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous images Jen and I love the addition of the lace!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design