Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happily Ever After


I'm sorry to post and run but it is almost deadline time for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! Eeek, where has the week gone?

This week's challenge was to create a wedding card with "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" as the inspiration. What a great movie! My Netflix queue is filling up with all of the ones Sankari and Brooke are reminding me I love! :)

I chose the colors inspired by the Greek Flag and tried to keep the card simple and elegant. Maybe too simple? I tried adding a leaf garland a la the olive branch wreathes of the ancient Olympians (ya, maybe I was taking the Greek thing a bit too far...), but I couldn't find a color that went well wiht the blues.

Supplies:
Stamps - Verve, PTI
Cardstock - Stampin Up!, PTI
Ink - SU!, PTI
Ribbon - Crafta
Rhinestones - Martha Stewart
Embossing Powder - PTI

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO glad that you played along Jen!!! ANd I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sweet wedding creation that you have created!!! I think the sentiment is simply beautiful (love Verve :) and the rounded corners totally rock!!! So glad that you love this movie and that you played along - and there is nothing like too simple - your card is perfectly elegant!!! LOVE it!!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us Jen! We love surfing over to your blog and seeing all your yummy creations!!! And so glad that your Netflix is getting filled up! Let me know if there are some must see movies that you would like to do for a Cinema Sat. challenge!!! Sending you big hugs!!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design