Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two-fer

Until this weekend, I've tried to make one card per challenge but this time I just couldn't! I found the Viva la Verve challenge via Julee's blog this week and couldn't pass it up! I also found out that this week's Cinema Saturday challenge was "Forrest Gump." I really wanted to play in both sandboxes but knew that, with other projects I have lined up, couldn't spend very much time in the studio mulling over two separate ideas. So, one card it is!

As soon as I saw what the movie was, I knew I wanted to use something to represent the innocence of the early 60s as well as that of Forrest himself. I just got a great set of sayings from a DCWV stack which is where the "Gee, you sure are swell" came from. I was also inspired by "the movies" themselves and made a movie curtain look to the scalloped borders of the decorative papers. I debated using the buttons but since the ones I found reminded me of movie reels, and worked with the Verve challenge to use round things, how could I pass it up? Finally, I heat embossed the chocolate cardstock with the PTI Polka Dot Basics set. I really like how it turned out, like the movie theme, and like that I was able to pull in some fall colors. Fun!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, SU!
DP - Indian Summer, DCWV
Ink - Versamark
Stamp - Polka Dot Basics I, PTI
Ribbon/buttons - my stash

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined these challenges!! I should've been so smart!! haha. Love the big scallops and the sentiment is, well, swell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute ... um I mean swell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along with us... I love the sentiment you used! What a great card!

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design