Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm in...

This past week while blog-hopping, I found out about a new challenge site - the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge (we'll just call it CSCC for short.) Given how much I love movies, this one seemed to be a natural but isn't necessarily turning out to be so. I've looked at past challenges and they seem pretty hard. I mean, it feels easy enough to churn out a Christmas card for a Christmas-themed movie, or a... See, that is the problem! Sounds easy, most certainly is not!! Big props to all of you who have the courage to play along and for those of you Audrey-winners out there.

This week's movie is (drumroll please...)

Gak, red stitching? I don't have a sewing machine!! Off to see what I can muster. Wish me luck, all!!

Okay back again Thursday evening (nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?) with my entry for my very first CSCC! Five ideas scrapped and one last minute base color change (my husband - "honey, it isn't baseball-themed if it isn't red and white") later and this is what I came up with:

I just love the little hearts popped up and the tag is cute even if it is a bit "homemade" looking (I need practice with puffy paint! It has been a long time since the 80's!) You can see the hearts better in this view:

Thanks for letting me play and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Cardstock - PTI, SU!
Stamp Set - Out on a Limb Sentiments, PTI
Ink - Real Red, SU!
Colored paper - DCWV
Paint - Tulip
Die Cuts - Cuttlebug
Twine - Martha Stewart
Grommets - my stash and so old I can't remember

1 comment:

  1. love the red stitching...now that you know about this challenge, I bet you'll be hooked. I was the same way a couple of months ago...it's addicting :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design