Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mwah!

Hello friends and welcome to another wonderful sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse! I had so much fun with this sketch, I can't wait to see what you come up with -
I made this card for Cathy who organized a wonderful card exchange this year! It was so fun to actually make and send a card to someone since I make so many cards that hardly ever get sent!

I started off with some great metallic background paper and then layered a couple of die cut circles that I stamped with the holly image from Festive Foliage. I added a doily, some red satin ribbon, and a gold button to finish it off. I really like how the red and gold work together and I don't use them as much as I should!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend! I'm excited to be able to volunteer at a holiday party for a local women's shelter today and then I think we're getting and decorating our tree! It will be nice for it to finally feel a bit Christmassy around the house! :)

Supplies: Stamps - Festive Foliage (WMS), DP (my stash), Ink - Gold (Encore), Garden Green (SU!), Cardstock - Select White (PTI), Doily (Wilton), Stickles, Ribbon (Crafta), Button (my stash), Dies (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug

5 comments:

  1. That is lovely!!! Great choice for DP and colors!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! That golden background paper is gorgeous and I love the other golden accents on you card!! I hardly use gold on my cards, but it's always so pretty and stylish when I see it!! Gorgeous!!
    Wishing you a lovely Sunday!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the metallic bg paper, bow with gold brad, sentiment and image!! This set just arrived at my house last week...I'd better get bus and get it inky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and that great background paper really makes the rest of the card pop !That with the perfect ribbon and doily all make for a perfect card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is really elegant - love the metallic gold backing paper and the beautiful holly leaves. Fab bow too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design