Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cooling Off - Serendipity Stamps Guest Designer!





I am soooo very excited to be a guest designer for Serendipity Stamps' Challenge Blog this month!  This is the second of two posts for July where all of the designers are using twine!  Our first theme was "It's hot outside" and now we're cooling things off!  One of my favorite things to do to cool off at the end of a hot day is to hang out in the shade of my yard!  Serendipity has the most wonderful floral alphabet stamps that I thought would be perfect for this challenge!   
I kept things pale and simple for my first card, stamping the amaryllis onto some white cardstock and then adding just a bit of watercoloring in pale blue and green.  I mounted the letter over some gold shimmer twine and some pale blue patterned paper.  I finished the card with a few gold sequins.
For my second card, I layered a couple of pieces of coral patterned papers together and then stamped and colored the JOY letters.  I wrapped some silver twine for this one and did a bit of watercoloring as well.

Thanks so much for visiting today and a huge thank you to Mary, Jeanne, and the entire Serendipity team for having me along for the ride this month!

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love the colors and paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Jen! Love the traditional-looking letters and the way you used them. I've (again...) missed a few cards from your hand, was a pleasure to look back and to see all you created! Wishing you and your family a lovely day today!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design