Thursday, July 5, 2012

Faith


Hello friends!  I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July!!  We enjoyed the day off but were doing a lot of work getting an offer ready for a house we'd love to call home!  This went pretty fast - we saw the listing last Friday, made arrangements to see it on Sunday and knew we wanted to put in an offer by Monday.  Fingers crossed it is accepted and I'll keep you posted!  

Anyway, on to the inspiration for today's card - this lovely Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World!  I just love the pretty reds and was inspired by the colors, the flowers, and that red gingham button -

I started off with a red card base and some patterned papers from My Mind's Eye, then stamped the flowers in white craft ink (I love the whitewashed look of them on top of that wood panel print paper), and the sentiment over the gingham.  I've been loving sentiments on patterned paper but this may be a bit much.  As my husband said, "have faith you can squint your eyes and hope to see what this card says." Ay yi yi...  :)  I finished the card with some crinkle ribbon and a vintage button.

Supplies:  Stamps (Rubbernecker), DP/Sticker - Dilly Dally collection (MME), Twine (The Twinery), Ribbon (Memriemare), vintage button, Ink - Craft White, Basic Black (SU!), Pearls (Hero Arts)
 

6 comments:

  1. I can read this sweet sentiment and LOVE it! What a gorgeous mix of reds! Oh, good luck on the house! How exciting! Yes, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, No one can mix textures the way you can! I love the checked bottom and the wood grain top. You always tie everything together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those flowers against the wood panel!! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Jen! love that barn board paper - the white inking and yes, the sentiment on the patterned paper! Men are always so practical!!! LOL!!! Fingers crossed you get your house!! how exciting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Jen! I pray it works out for you... house buying/selling is a job in itself...emotionally and physically!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design