Saturday, January 28, 2012

Best Wishes

Hello friends! Today I have a card I made for our new sketch challenge over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I had a lot of fun with this sketch and can't wait to see how it inspires you! The color scheme is also perfect for this week's "Fancy Schmancy" Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World!
I started with a white card base and stamped a sheet of patterned paper with one of the backgrounds from Musical Backgrounds. I stamped the cake from Eat Cake onto a dark brown sheet of paper and embossed it with white embossing powder. I love that I get a white cake but you can really see the layers with the contrasting background! I cut the cake out and layered it over a stamped stand and sentiment from Big Day Additions. The scalloped border at the top was from another piece of coordinating paper and I added some ruffled trim to finish it off.

I hope you were as inspired by this sketch as I was! Link up by Friday for a chance to be one of our Top Mouse winners and one random participant will win a WMS stamp set! Wow!

Supplies: Stamps - Big Day Additions, Eat Cake, Musical Backgrounds (WMS), Flower Spray (Jolee's), DP - Pretty in Pink (Glitz Design), Cardstock - Select White (PTI), Ribbon (La Stephanoise), Ink - Craft White, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake (SU!), Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up!), Scallop Punch (EK Success)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! I do like your embossed cake - this would work beautifully for a birthday or wedding - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and oh so elegant card. You took this sketch to the next level. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jen!! Love the rosie-pink and the chocolate brown together, the music stamp behind the cake, and the fussy cut flowers: so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jen this is a real piece of art, just love it! Hugs Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty, Jen! Love the way that cake looks!! And your lace top of the card as well, gorgeous colors!! Yep, this sketch also inspired me, hope to find a card idea and some time before Friday!! Hope you have enjoyed your weekend (well, a few more hours left of enjoying for you, hi hi, with me it's actually almost bedtime already..)
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors and all those flowers on that cake are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely lovely creation, Jen! always so inspiring and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen! This is so beautiful!! I love the flowers on the cake, and the pretty colours!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration on the sketch. Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design