Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wishing You Sunny Days

Hi friends! I can say it finally actually feels like summer here in the city! It has been in the upper 70s the past couple of days and I've heard it may even crack 80 here today! Don't get me wrong, as much as I love to leave the house in sandals and short sleeves, after a few days of warm temps, this many people packed into such a small area will get old really quick, lol. I'm loving it now and will love hearing the fog horns just as much at the end of the week. :)

Anyway, here is a fun summery card that I made for both Get Your Diva On (I would love to design for Julee one day - she and the divas are so inspiring!!) as well as the week 2 sketch for the June Viva La Verve Challenge. I used some lovely coordinating papers from the Yacht Club collection , a stamped tag, and a little sun that I gave a cute button center to. The borders at the bottom of the card are a cardstock sticker and a fabric ribbon. Feels like summer to me!

Supplies: Stamps - Let it Shine (Verve), DP/Embellishments - Yacht Club Collection (Webster's Pages), Cardstock - Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla (SU!), Cuttlebug, Tag Die (Verve), Ink - Basic Black, Not Quite Navy (SU!), Twine (Country Clean, PTI), Foam Squares, Copic Markers

2 comments:

  1. Oeh, please, can you send some summer over here? We are enjoying some days of, before Pim starts in his new job, but it's raining, raining and raining... I'm sad about this, we wanted to go walking and now that's no fun! Too bad... Do love your card, that DOES give me a summery feeling! Wishing you a lovely day!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect summer card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design