Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Road Less Traveled

This is my take on this week's challenge over at Cinema Saturday - the movie inspiration was Gandhi and the challenge was to use a quote! Yes, I am one of the few remaining people on the planet who has not seen this movie and I am embarrassed by that! I pride myself on the number of Oscar-winning movies I've seen but there are a number that are on the "I need to get to these" list and Gandhi happens to be one of them.
Without having seen this movie but knowing a bit about this history, I chose to fashion my card after the flag of India using saffron, green and white. I also chose the background paper as it reminded me a bit of batik which I learned to do in 7th grade crafts (c. 1982!) See how nicely it all ties together? :)

I knew I didn't have any stamps with Gandhi quotes and so I searched for one on freedom but stumbled upon one of my favorites from Robert Frost instead. Gandhi certainly chose the road less traveled and while not the easiest road, it certainly made all the difference!

Supplies: Stamps - Very Vintage Labels 10 (WMS), Beautiful You (Verve), Cardstock - More Mustard, Barely Banana, Select White (SU!), DP (K&Co), Ink - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (SU!), Twine (Pink Hedgehog), Corner Chomper, Foam Squares, Die Cuts - Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and fitting quote Jen! Please don't feel embarrassed about not having seen the movie yet, I'm sure you will sit down one day with a nice cup of tea and watch it intensely. Take care, ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Really love the paper you used!

    Have a nice evening,

    Marit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I love your card! What beautiful natural colors.. I just love the SIMPLE and earthy layout.. The hemp twine was a perfect choice.. LOVE the quote... So glad you played with us this week...

    HUGS
    BROOKE..

    Still loving you new blog design.. So classy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design