Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I've Been Bitten


by the Cuttlebug!

I was first introduced to die cuts back in my scrapbooking days. Most of what I had available was pre-cut shapes sold by Creative Memories and in craft stores like Michaels. My step-mom, Diane, actually introduced me to the cutting part of die cuts when she took me to a teacher's supply room and, armed with a ton of our scrap paper, used the school die cut machine and went to town! It was great fun and I still have a lot of the die cuts we made that day, awaiting special use in one of my card creations!

Now that I've gotten into card making, I've seen die cutting and embossing reach new heights with ultimate control given to crafters in the form of lightweight, portable, tabletop machines. My first experience with one was at one of my Stampin' Up! demonstrator's workshops when we got to use the Big Shot (SU's product) - it was fabulous but pricey and I thought I'd start checking out options. I hadn't ruled out the Big Shot but did a comparison online and it seemed that the Cuttlebug had a smaller footprint and more embossing options. So, I ordered the machine and a few dies/embossing folders and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Well, the whirl started tonight and what a whirl it is! I was a little intimidated when the box arrived from Joann's - it was huge! The 'Bug box was much smaller but still really heavy and I wasn't sure what I was in for. I finally got it home (on my scooter) and opened up tonight and it was so easy! Easy and with super results! It takes up a tiny footprint on my crafting table and the dies will compliment my card making in the most amazing ways!

Now I just need to figure out how people die cut actual cards - is it a really large die folded in half? Off to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design